I had a whole post planned today but then the terrible events at the Boston Marathon occurred Today’s Monday Mood Lifter’s are dedicated to finding good in the midst of tragedy and the love humans can show.
2) Google is offering this service for those who need to find loved ones is Boston
3) Remember this:
“There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
5. Imagine a world without hate (this makes me sad but it is appropriate for today) It won’t embed but I encourage you to click on the link.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’”
― Fred Rogers
7. Children – children are mood lifters. Look at them and remember there is innocence is this world.
8. The fact that our country can come together even in the midst of such political divide. As Obama said –
“On a day like today, there are no Republicans or Democrats, we’re all Americans.”
9. Hope – Please remember hope.
10. And finally this quote which means so much to me. I hope that it can comfort you in some way like it has often brought comfort to me.
I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding onto something. – J.R.R. Tolkien (The Two Towers)
I hope you find hope tonight. I hope you find something to hold onto. I hope you turn to your loved ones and hug them tight. I hope you pray to your God or cry out to who you believe in. I hope you remember that evil exists in the world but it has not taken over as easy as it is to believe. I hope you choose hope.