I’ll admit it. I’m doing these Monday Mood Lifters for me. I need some mood lifting in my life. Here we go…
1. Giving Back – I’m finally in a position I can give back to people. And I can do this with Ben. My neighbor has special needs. Once a week we get together so he can have “Ben time”. I also take him to the grocery store and various other places. I love knowing that I am helping someone. I have been so wrapped up in my own world for so very long that it feels wonderful to step outside of it and into someone else’s.
2. The Violence Against Women Act was renewed – last year the act did not pass because of objections that it protected gay, illegal immigrants and American Indian’s. This year the House got their head on straight and passed the bill so all women who are victims of abuse can receive help and protection.
3. Ben’s Valentine – Ben gave me a Valentine for Valentine’s day
4. My new baby ‘niece’ – normally I don’t hold babies. But Kinley was cuddly and sturdy enough I broke my rule and I’m glad I did.
5. Take a Seat. Make a Friend? – strangers meet in a ball pit and ask each other’s questions. It brought tears to my eyes.
6. This Picture – In the top picture the man has hair. In the bottom he doesn’t.
7. Agility – I have always loved this dog sport and am excited to get back into it.
8. The fact that Finn and Rachel and Kurt and Blaine might be getting back together – yes I’m too invested in a t.v. show.
9. This quote:
“What if God doesn’t just love you because He’s God and that’s His job? What if the truth is that God actually likes you? Yes, you – right there, looking at this screen – you with the zits and the past and the lust and the blazing self-doubt – you with that weird laugh and the deep hurts and questions – you. What if God just really likes you for exactly who you are? Can you bear it?” – Lee Younger
10. And of course Benny