Instead of having a Sunday Song this week I wanted to acknowledge an award I was nominated for. I was given The Reader Appreciation Award by Post-Traumatic Dress Disorder. She has a great blog where she mixes fashion with things from her daily life. I think we are in similar places in life and I really relate to what she writes.
Alright here is the award rules/steps.
The Steps to Take, Preferably with Joy:
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
1. What is your favorite color?
I love Brown. I also love bright blue and sometimes bright pink. I actually prefer them all together.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. If you read my blog at all that was probably obvious.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
At the minute I am in love with caffeine free diet coke with two squirts of vanilla from quick-trip. They are 53 cents right now and when I am in Wichita I drink way to many.
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook. This is how I keep in contact with the women I met in Utah. I am still able to have some of the support I received inpatient and we can learn and grow together.
5. What is your favorite pattern
Interesting question. Um plaid? I usually just like colors paired together. Not really in any sort of pattern.
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents?
I have a confession to make. I love presents. Love them.
7. What is your favorite number?
Twelve. I don’t know why. I think I decided that once when I needed a lucky number and there wasn’t a real reason.
8. What is your favorite day of the week?
Fridays. Even though I am not in school it still feels like a big sigh of relief that the work/school week is done and a time to relax with my family.
9. What is your favorite flower?
Sunflowers. I love what they represent. They turn towards the light whichever way they turn. This is how I want to live my life.
10. What’s your passion?
Well, dogs have been and always will be. But also I have discovered that I have a passion for women and their rights. Also for how they are portrayed in the media and how this effects little girls and grown women. I want women to be seen as strong and girls to grow up knowing that they are just as powerful as their male peers. I also have a passion for women who have been abused and are ready to start new lives. All of this is why I am majoring in women’s studies this fall.
Some (or all) of these writers may choose to not participate in this award process but I still want this chance to help you to find these blogs and perhaps be inspired by what they contain, if you haven’t found them already. I’m choosing to nominate 3. Enjoy!
I don’t have ten to twelve blogs to nominate but here are a handful.
1. R is for Recovery (and Rebekah) – She writes so eloquently about her eating disorder and journey in recovery. Reading her blog gives me hope.
2. Writing and Recovering– I love how Aja is very honest in her pursuit of recovery. I relate to a lot of what she writes about.
3. Returning Home to Myself – Lucy is very, very honest in her blog and I love that. She shares her pain and that is a very brave thing to do.